Monday, April 4, 2011

My new found(created) freedom

 One of the many projects we took on before the Historic Home Tour was tranforming Jim's leather bound Man Den into a bright & cheery play/craft/computer room. Basically the whole shabang was done with spray paint, hot glue and a lil' elbow grease.
we shelled out real cash @ Cosco for this retro pink kitchen back in the "we only have one kid, lets spoil her" days.
this was a great Goodwill 50% off Saturday find. Jim cut off the legs to make the chairs & table kiddo friendly 

this little cabinent was $20 on Craigs List. It was hideous, but It had  tons of toy storage and easy open drawers. A little spray paint & chevron stripes & I was in love.

my framed art  is a bird watching calender we got from an insurance salesman. together with $.50 frames from DI and we've got some ever popular bird art

my kids love the clothes line we've got up to display their  papers. just twine & clothes pins fron the dollar store  hung from two nails hiding behind these happy knobs from Hobby Lobby my hillariouse friend Hillary gave me

This monster of a desk was $1 on goodwill's thursday sale. Im just happy its not sitting in my carport anymore.
And my awsome Stendig calender was a splurge for me @ $32.95. i guess they are a big deal & hard to come by. Ladies @ Crate & Barrel have been known to squabble over them.

my oversized chalkboard still gives my butterflies! I scored this for FREE at our lovely neighborhood  Swap
Now my kids and I co-exist in harmony as I google and they play.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful room! great ideas! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you are amazing, as always. it all looks so great and you should go into business as an interior designer. but i'm sure you've heard that before.

    ReplyDelete