Saturday, April 16, 2011

the name game

so I'm just assuming that we all understand the meaning of my blog's name…But my 8th grade Algebra teacher once told me "Assumptions make an Ass out of you." (words of wisdom ,thanks Ms. Howardell)And  ass I am not.

Explanation :

Far to often the blogs I come across are un-real to me. Sometimes that does makes them interesting to read, because they are almost fiction. I understand that people don't post (for the most part) the messy ,crappy, boring parts of their life. But it seems blogs have become a place to create an imaginary picture perfect life style to portray to the world. I'm over it. Ive heard the gals say that after partaking in daily reading of these blogs they feel empty & insufficient. Now maybe some of these blog authors really are picture perfect(unlikely) in which case the sin of envy and jealousy is ours.
 But enough is enough.
 I wanted a blog that was real. And that is my life, peanut butter & jelly on paper plates, price matching @ Walmart, wearing my jammies all day… for days at a time, and getting away with wearing yesterdays make-up because Im happy if I get a minute to brush my teeth before noon let alone do my hair & make-up(scoff).  I just hope the blog doesn't get too cynical , I have been known to be a Debby Downer. (Jim calls me Negative Nelly) I know I live a pretty charmed life compared to 75% of this worlds population.

 But Im no Stepford wife,
and I wont pretend to be one.



Its fun to take a stand for something as meaningless as blogging :) maybe I should quit typing, go brush my teeth and make a meaningfull contribution to humanity today. 
But I have to be done by 2:00 because reruns of House Wives of Orange County is on.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. No really. I love flaws and most importantly love people inspite of/ because of their flaws. I.e. Me being married to Adam! Ha. DOn't tell him that. I named my blog what I did because my life's not a fairytale but it is my fairytale and I'm happy and proud of it.
    Thanks for the great post! Also, I'm sad to see Pursenickety go. I thought it was such a fun and perfect business for you!

    ReplyDelete