Monday, March 14, 2011

Today is my baby daddy's birthday….

Back when we were immature newly weds we used to pass notes to each other @ church. (now we, and by we I mean Jim, color with our kids.) Usually these notes consisted of ridiculing a nose picking child or silly poems using our names & character traits.     So this ones for you babe-
Jenerouse  - Jim is the ying to my stingy yang. He is always willing to give and help out just about anybody and their dog. I hope that by clinching my fists and keeping my mouth shut I get some residual blessings from his acts of kindness.
amazing- This man has single handedly re-floored, re-painted (in & out) re-wired, re-tiled, re-plumbed, re-landscaped…RE-DESIGNED my home. He learned as he went and worked his butt off to give me my "dream house"
manly man - This goes without saying. I think his picture is currently on a roll of paper towels in your pantry. Sadie calls him our "Gaston" and is quite smitten with him.He moves piano's for heaven's sake! And my children love that he can fling them carlessly in the air and I love that he brings them safely back down. His never ending broad shoulders create the safest hug in the world and have provided my babies with a loving napping spot for 5 years now.
entertaining - Jim is usually the life of the party. Whether is providing slightly inappropriate comments that get a room full of  adults giggling or guiding a lizard hunt through the park for hunters age 5 and under , Jim knows how to keep us all on our toes. There's never a dull moment.
serenade - His first serenade to me started with  Marvin Gaye and a silk kimono robe and ended with a diamond ring and scotch tape. I'll let you fill in the details. But to this day my man loves to provide me with a good serenade, and I lovingly try to sustain eye contact while keeping a straight face.
Happy Birthday Jim

1 comment:

  1. Happy Bday Little Jimmy Linton....And maybe Elliot!

    ReplyDelete